There are different types of work visas available for Australia and temporary skill shortage visas are one of them. This type of visa allows Australian employers to sponsor foreign nationals in order to work for their businesses and handle their operations. This visa type was introduced in the year 2019 to replace subclass 457 temporary work visas. If the foreign nationals have sufficient skills and qualifications to fill the job positions with Australian employers they may be eligible to apply for skills shortage visas.
If you want to know more about the Australian temporary skills shortage visa (TSS) or visa SC482, kindly read this blog till the end.
Temporary Skill Shortage Visa or TSS has three streams:
● The Short-Term Stream: This stream allows Australian employers to deal with labor shortages by bringing skilled foreign workers. This stream is applicable to those employers who can not source skilled Australian workers to fill the job position. This stream allows foreign nationals to stay in Australia for up to 2 years.
● The Medium-Term Stream: This stream allows Australian employers to source foreign skilled workers for a little longer and foreign workers can stay in Australia for up to 4 years with the help of this stream.
● The Labor Agreement Stream: In this stream, Australian employers who have a labor agreement nominate skilled foreign workers. These agreements are articulated between employers and the Australian government. This stream allows foreign skilled workers to stay in Australia for up to a maximum period of 4 years.
● The foreign skilled workers must have their names on the consolidated skilled occupation list.
● In order to apply for visa SC482, the foreign workers must have to be nominated by the Australian employers to fill the job positions.
● The workers must have the required skills and qualifications for the particular occupation or profession.
● They must also have vocational English language abilities to apply for this visa class.
● They must also satisfy the requirements of DHA regarding their character and good health.
● The workers who would like to apply for temporary skill shortage visas must check whether their occupations are on the skilled occupation list.
● They must ensure that they are meeting all eligibility criteria.
● They must find employers who are willing to sponsor them.
● Get the nomination from the employers.
● They must apply for the TSS visas.
● Receive the Temporary Skill Shortage visa and start working under an Australian employer.
If you wish, you can apply online for subclass-482 on the website of the Department of Home Affairs, however, it is important to complete the application process accurately. Therefore, you should apply for this visa subclass with Aussie Experts Education & Migration to increase your chances to obtain this visa. We have years of experience in this field. Feel free to get in touch with us as soon as possible to know more about Visa SC482.